HOW DO I GET HELP?
COVID19 Self Assessment Tools
This is a self-assessment tool created by eDokita to help Nigerians determine their COVID-19 risk level and when to self isolate and call the NCDC.
Another objective of this tool is to help prevent overwhelming the NCDC with unnecessary calls.
How can I protect myself?
There are some basic things everyone can do to reduce their risk of catching Covid-19:
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water. You should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, including the palms and backs of your hands, between your fingers, your fingers, your fingertips, and your nails.
- While washing your hands with soap and water is preferable, if you are out, or do not have access to soap and water, use alcohol-based hand rub to clean your hands. This must also be done for at least 20 seconds with enough rub for your hands to stay wet for the whole 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, particularly if you have not washed your hands
- Make sure you cough or sneeze into a tissue. Throw the tissue away immediately. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow. Then, immediately wash your hands thoroughly Stay at least 2 meters (6 feet) away from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Stay at home or away from other people if you feel unwell with a fever, cough or shortness of breath
- Try to find information about places that are affected by Covid-19 and avoid going to those places Consider avoiding large groups or gatherings of people, for example, social events, community meetings and cultural activities
- Try to avoid shaking hands or hugging other people
- Only wear a mask if you are ill or if you are looking after someone who is ill. Masks are not very useful in stopping you from becoming infected. There is now a worldwide shortage of masks so only use a mask in these circumstances
- If you do use a mask, wash your hands before putting it on, after touching the mask while you are wearing it, and after taking the mask off and throwing it away.
- Single-use masks should only be worn once, and multiple masks should not be worn at the same time. Masks should be taken off and replaced as soon as they are damp
WHO CAN I GET HELP FROM
- eDokita -Call: 07010008670, 08165841386 or Email – Drlawani@edokita.com
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on their 24/7 helpline number (+91-11-23978046) or email (email@example.com).
- Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) 801 Ebitu Ukiwe St, Jabi, Abuja 080097000010
DIRECTORY OF COVID-19 STATE HELPLINES
Federal Capital Territory
0704485619, 07088292249, 08150953486, 08095227003, 07043402122
08038246018, 09093093642, 08077213070
07032864444, 08035422711, 08065486416, 08035779917
08035871662, 08025088304, 08032401473, 08037808191
08039704476, 08037038597, 09093995333, 09093995444
08032311116, 08022069567, 08035074228, 07031935037, 08036394462
08035626731, 08035161538, 08161330774, 08065408696, 08105009888
08032717887, 08059600898, 08033698036, 08080330216, 08036911698
08032501165, 08065508675, 08039359368, 08037450227
Akwa Ibom State
09045575515, 07035211919, 08028442194, 08037934966, 09023330092
08039216821, 07019304970, 08151693570
Cross River State
09036281412, 08050907736 (WhatsApp) 08031230527
08033521961, 08050907736, 08030758179, 08031230021
08084096723, 08064258163, 08035835529
08056109538, 08031888093, 08033124314
08030953771, 08117567363, 08145434416
080COVID19, 08002684319, 0700COVID19, 0702684319, 07001COVID19, 070012684319
08035025692, 08033908772, 08056456250
09062970434, 09062970435, 09062970436, 112
08000CORONA, 08023169485, 08033565529, 08052817243, 08028971864